Hello! I’m Kaily, the girl behind the Blue Sage Designs blog. I’m a native Oregonian who currently lives in the beautiful state of Colorado with my amazing husband of nearly 5 years. My favorite things in life include running/exercising, DIY projects, dark roast coffee, redoing furniture, eating crazy healthy, the challenge of decorating my home on a budget, cozy throw blankets (because I’m always cold), white coffee mugs, pillows, outdoor adventures, Summer bbq’s, great conversation over coffee, and spending quality time with family and friends.
I’m excited that you’re here! I hope to inspire your creative side through my diy projects and would absolutely love to become friends with you along the way.
- I LOVE coffee, like really love it. I was a barista for years while in college.
- I’m ambidextrous, I write with my left hand and do everything else with my right. Comes in handy when painting or putting on makeup.
- I grew up in Eugene, Oregon, and went to the University of Oregon. Go Ducks!!!
- I’m obsessed with all things diy. There’s hardly a day that goes by that I don’t do something creative.
- I have my Bachelor’s degree in Psychology and planned on being a Counselor.
- I’m super frugal. I see something and think, “I could make that,” and then usually do.
- I’m discovering more and more how much I love thrifting.
- The hubs and I do not have kids yet. We’re on the 5 year plan, and we’ve almost been married for 5 years now. What? Kids soon? Maybe…
- I have an angry resting face, but I promise you I’m not usually angry…I just can’t help it.
- I feel like a complete nerd when taking selfies, so I rarely do it.
- I would love to raise our kids in the country where they can ride 4-wheelers and just be kids.
- I have horrible eyesight and wear my contacts or glasses to see. I want to get lasik eye surgery.
- The hubs and I mountain bike together. We spent our 1 year anniversary riding the Slick Rock trail in Moab, UT. He was happy. I might have cried a little in the first 3 miles, then I was happy. Haha.
- I’m extremely competitive and love to win, but I’m a sore loser.
- I don’t consider myself a great writer or even a blogger, but I’ve always enjoyed writing.
- The hubs and I hope to build our dream home one day (preferably on some land).
- I tore my ACL playing soccer in college and have a really long, ugly scar to prove it.
- Summer is my favorite season. Growing up in Oregon you live for the Summer sun…lake, bbq’s, rodeo, coast trips, floating the river, berry picking, hiking, etc.
- We lived in North Texas for a time. My husband grew up there, but we both missed the mountains so we moved to Colorado. We love Colorado, other than the fact we have no family here.
- I eat super healthy, to the point that you will probably think I’m weird.
- Laundry and I are not friends. Well, we could be friends if it decided to fold and put itself away! The struggle is real.
- I was a vegetarian for several years, I can’t explain to you why other than the fact I decided meat was gross. I now happily eat meat and fish.
- It might look like I have my life all together (thanks, social media) but let me tell you, I can be a mess. The hubs sometimes calls me ‘Crazy Kaily’ a nickname I probably deserve, Haha. Thankful for a God who loves me even though I’m broken and for a patient husband who see’s me for who I am and still chooses to love me well each day.
Photos by Courtney Taylor Morrow